Friday, September 28, 2007

Morocco, Postponed

I got a job at the UN...I got a job at the UN!

With that, the original fourcontinents project officially died - we'd already developed a four-friend proposal into a two-author blog, and then my co-conspirator Sarah went off and vanished into medical school. Still, I had hoped to keep up the international spirit with my return to Rabat in October. Instead, I moved to New York and am finding it in some ways more foreign than Morocco. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what it has to do with fourcontinents - I love my job, but I'm not sure it really needs to be written about, and I love discovering this new city, but I feel that this particular adventure has already been told a few times too many (who DIDN'T grow up with the "country mouse, city mouse" fable, after all?)

Fourcontinents remains alive, and I'm sure I'll find things to say, but expect an observer's perspective rather than an adventurer's - turns out I'm not going anywhere too far for a while.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Sounds like an adventure to me.