Thursday, May 17, 2007

London

Last weekend, I flew to England to visit Andrew and Lara, two friends I met in Grenoble who have moved back home recently, and to see London. I got treated to some typical English weather - (drizzle...downpour...drizzle...clouds...downpour...drizzle...you get the idea). The countryside was still lovely, however, Andrew and I bopped around a little in West Sussex, a county next to the sea, and saw some castles, cathedrals, and pubs.



Then we went to London for a day. There is so much to see! We spent the whole day just walking around, didn't actually go in anywhere, but we were still busy! I managed to finagle Andrew to take me to Pax Lodge, the London Girl Scout International Center, so that makes 2 in the past 2 months! That was very fun to see, and I think Andrew knows a little more about scouting now :). Then we met Lara and wore out our shoes for the rest of the day. The neighborhoods in London are so different from each other; I definitely heard more than several languages being spoken throughout the day.



On the last morning, I got up WAY too early, but I got to witness some of the daily London commute, and I walked across the London Bridge, with mist rising from the Thames below me. Pretty neat :).

No comments: