Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Attempting Balance

Okay, so there are definitely more things that I will miss about Morocco than things I'll be happy to leave, but I am trying to find an upside in my imminent departure as well. For example, things I WON'T miss:

Long sleeves on hot days (even though I choose to wear them)
Boys who say lewd things when I walk by
Haggling
Bugs in the house
Communication issues, not understanding what people say
The guilt that comes from walking past the beggars and turning the street kids away from my door

And even a few things I'm looking forward to at home:
Broccoli
Air conditioning
Bookstores
Family and friends

2 comments:

xoussef said...

i was expecting a much longer list ^^

kep said...

it might expand some...but no, all in all I really enjoy life here - flaws and all.